Spay-Neuter Services of Indiana (SNSI) receives funding from this specialty plate and provides direct support to nearly 250 rescue groups and shelters across the state. We give rescue groups and shelters FREE spay/neuter surgery certificates so they can alter pets before adopting them into their forever homes. SNSI also provides FREE certificates for Community Cats (feral and free-roaming cats), reducing the number of unwanted litters and preventing cats from entering shelters.
Sales of the Pet Friendly plate have funded nearly 50,000 surgeries, saving hundreds of thousands of Indiana cats and dogs from euthanasia due to shelter overpopulation.
Learn more about the important work of Spay-Neuter Services of Indiana by visiting www.GetThemFixed.org
- The Pet-Friendly license plate is $40, with $25 going directly to SNSI.
- You can purchase the Pet-Friendly plate for cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
- You can switch to a Pet-Friendly plate at any time, even if your license plate is not up for renewal. The BMV will prorate your fee.
Learn more about our work.
Are You in Need of Spay/Neuter Assistance?
It’s easy to apply. Visit www.GetThemFixed.org and click on “Our Programs” to learn more.
How to get your Pet Friendly license plate
It’s easy to renew your Pet Friendly license plate
It’s easy to renew your Pet Friendly license plate, and you can switch to the Pet Friendly plate at any time (the BMV will pro-rate your fees.) Simply follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Visit myBMV.com website
- Click “See More Plates” until you find “Spay-Neuter“.
- Click on “More Information” and follow the steps to get your Pet Friendly plate.
Prefer to renew at your local BMV branch?
Simply request the Spay-Neuter, Pet-Friendly license plate.
Want to renew using a phone access code?
If you currently have the Pet Friendly license plate, please call 1-888-692-6841 and use the phone access code number listed on the renewal notice.